- WM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $141.4 million.
- WM has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- WM is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WM NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WM: Waste Management, Inc. provides waste management services to residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers in North America. It offers collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.2%. WM has a PE ratio of 22.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Waste Management a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Waste Management has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Waste Management has a market cap of $21.3 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 0.61 and a short float of 3.7% with 5.62 days to cover. Shares are up 35.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Waste Management as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WM's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 34.78% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 42.57% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WM should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 36.43% is the gross profit margin for WASTE MANAGEMENT INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.03% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $736.00 million or 28.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.02%.
- You can view the full Waste Management Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.