Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Travelers Companies ( TRV) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Travelers Companies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TRV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $160.4 million.
- TRV has traded 1.9 million shares today.
- TRV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TRV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TRV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TRV: The Travelers Companies, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides various commercial and personal property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses, government units, associations, and individuals primarily in the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. TRV has a PE ratio of 11.2. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Travelers Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Travelers Companies has been 1.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Travelers Companies has a market cap of $32.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.06 and a short float of 1.3% with 2.67 days to cover. Shares are up 24.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Travelers Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, notable return on equity, increase in stock price during the past year, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $1,637.00 million or 9.06% when compared to the same quarter last year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, TRV is up 27.05% to its most recent closing price of 89.22. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income has remained constant at $864.00 million when compared to the same quarter one year ago.
- TRV's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.26 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.