Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Raymond James Financial ( RJF) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Raymond James Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RJF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $24.1 million.
- RJF has traded 540,787 shares today.
- RJF is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RJF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RJF NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RJF: Raymond James Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the underwriting, distribution, trading, and brokerage of equity and debt securities in the United States, Canada, and Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. RJF has a PE ratio of 19.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Raymond James Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Raymond James Financial has been 793,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Raymond James Financial has a market cap of $6.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.50 and a short float of 1.2% with 2.89 days to cover. Shares are up 25.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Raymond James Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in stock price during the past year, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, RJF is up 28.46% to its most recent closing price of 48.20. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 41.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $83.33 million to $117.46 million.
- RAYMOND JAMES FINANCIAL CORP has improved earnings per share by 36.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, RAYMOND JAMES FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.58 versus $2.20 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.15 versus $2.58).
- You can view the full Raymond James Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.