Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ventas ( VTR) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Ventas fell $0.61 (-1.0%) to $59.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,193,854 shares of Ventas exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,443,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $58.81-$59.90 after having opened the day at $59.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $59.76. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: Institutional Financial Markets ( IFMI), down 11.3%, IFM Investments ( CTC), down 8.7%, Vestin Realty Mortgage II ( VRTB), down 6.2% and Agree Realty Corporation ( ADC), down 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Ventas Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.