Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Waddell & Reed Financial ( WDR) pushed the Financial Services industry lower today making it today's featured Financial Services laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Waddell & Reed Financial fell $1.44 (-2.2%) to $63.97 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,194,989 shares of Waddell & Reed Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 649,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.70-$65.00 after having opened the day at $65.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.41. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that declined today were: Tile Shop Holdings ( TTS), down 12.3%, ProShares UltraShort Nasdaq Biotechnology ( BIS), down 6.2%, DFC Global ( DLLR), down 6.1% and Cornerstone Total Return Fund ( CRF), down 4.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Waddell & Reed Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.