Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Vale ( VALE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Vale rose $0.24 (1.6%) to $15.46 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,481,849 shares of Vale exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,139,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.25-$15.57 after having opened the day at $15.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $15.22. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Pretium Resources ( PVG), up 81.6%, Uranerz Energy Corporation ( URZ), up 16.7%, Polymet Mining ( PLM), up 10.5% and Kingold Jewelry ( KGJI), up 8.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Vale Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.