Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Travelers Companies ( TRV) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Travelers Companies rose $1.30 (1.5%) to $90.52 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,881,484 shares of Travelers Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,881,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $89.06-$90.59 after having opened the day at $89.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $89.22. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Universal Insurance Holdings ( UVE), up 5.7%, Phoenix Companies ( PNX), up 4.1%, Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), up 3.2% and Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), up 2.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Travelers Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.