Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Eli Lilly and Company ( LLY) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Eli Lilly and Company rose $0.74 (1.5%) to $51.23 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,094,675 shares of Eli Lilly and Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,159,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.40-$51.24 after having opened the day at $50.52 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.49. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Ariad Pharmaceuticals ( ARIA), up 35.5%, Galena Biopharma ( GALE), up 14.6%, POZEN ( POZN), up 14.6% and Cardiome Pharma Corporation ( CRME), up 14.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Eli Lilly and Company Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.