Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Herbalife ( HLF) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Herbalife rose $3.23 (4.7%) to $71.65 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,831,961 shares of Herbalife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,724,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $66.76-$73.18 after having opened the day at $67.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $68.42. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tandy Brands Accessories ( TBAC), up 20.6%, Agria Corporation ( GRO), up 12.0%, Castle Brands Incorporated ( ROX), up 10.7% and Fifth & Pacific Companies ( FNP), up 7.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Herbalife Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.