Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Hess ( HES) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Hess rose $1.00 (1.2%) to $83.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,213,288 shares of Hess exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,711,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $81.60-$83.35 after having opened the day at $82.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.33. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Pretium Resources ( PVG), up 81.6%, Gastar Exploration ( GST), up 18.9%, Uranerz Energy Corporation ( URZ), up 16.7% and Pacific Ethanol ( PEIX), up 16.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Hess Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.