Chris Lau, Kapitall: NVIDIA earnings didn't disappoint, but are they doing enough to compete against other chip suppliers? NVIDIA ( NVDA ) seems to be having a hard time holding on to its gains. After reporting quarterly earnings, shares rallied from a $14.50 low to break past $16 throughout November. With revenue guidance below consensus and earnings meeting expectations, is it a worthwhile time for investors missing the rally to review the semiconductor company? Latest results
- NVIDIA earnings included $0.20 per share on revenue of $1.05 billion.
- The company forecast revenue for the current quarter to be the same (at $1.05 billion).
- It also raised its dividend and increased its buyback plan by $1 billion to $1.29 billion in total.
- Sales for system on a chip Tegra were strong at $111.2 million.
- But GPU sales dropped 2% to $876.8 million.
(Written by Chris Lau, a Kapitall contributor. All data sourced from Zacks Investment Research. Disclosure: Author has a long position in AMD.)