- MTD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $53.6 million.
- MTD has traded 124,627 shares today.
- MTD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MTD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MTD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MTD: Mettler-Toledo International Inc. supplies precision instruments and services worldwide. The company operates in five segments: U.S. Operations, Swiss Operations, Western European Operations, Chinese Operations, and Other. MTD has a PE ratio of 25.7. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Mettler-Toledo International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Mettler-Toledo International has been 133,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Mettler-Toledo International has a market cap of $7.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.26 and a short float of 4.6% with 5.81 days to cover. Shares are up 28.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Mettler-Toledo International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, notable return on equity and good cash flow from operations. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 39.51% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MTD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- METTLER-TOLEDO INTL INC has improved earnings per share by 6.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, METTLER-TOLEDO INTL INC increased its bottom line by earning $9.18 versus $8.23 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($10.50 versus $9.18).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 2.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, METTLER-TOLEDO INTL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $122.78 million or 18.14% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, METTLER-TOLEDO INTL INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 9.36%.
- You can view the full Mettler-Toledo International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.