Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified DSW ( DSW) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified DSW as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DSW has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $28.9 million.
- DSW has traded 482,096 shares today.
- DSW is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DSW with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DSW NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DSW: DSW Inc. operates as a branded footwear and accessories specialty retailer in the United States. The company offers fashion, shoes, dress, casual and athletic footwear, and accessories for women and men through its DSW stores and dsw.com. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. DSW has a PE ratio of 28.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate DSW a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for DSW has been 833,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. DSW has a market cap of $3.4 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.42 and a short float of 8.1% with 7.24 days to cover. Shares are up 40.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates DSW as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DSW's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 58.82% to $104.76 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.51%.
- 36.21% is the gross profit margin for DSW INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.04% trails the industry average.
- DSW has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.96 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 54.97% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full DSW Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.