Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Consolidated Edison ( ED) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Consolidated Edison fell $0.70 (-1.2%) to $56.24 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,123,686 shares of Consolidated Edison exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,053,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $56.05-$56.74 after having opened the day at $56.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.94. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Gas Natural ( EGAS), down 4.1%, Companhia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado De ( SBS), down 3.4% and GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), down 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Consolidated Edison Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.