Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Altria Group ( MO) pushed the Tobacco industry lower today making it today's featured Tobacco laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Altria Group fell $0.47 (-1.2%) to $37.14 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,550,323 shares of Altria Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8,053,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.68-$37.64 after having opened the day at $37.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.61. Another company within the Tobacco industry that decreased today was Philip Morris International ( PM), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Altria Group Ratings Report.
- Use our tobacco section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.