Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Target ( TGT) pushed the Retail industry lower today making it today's featured Retail laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Target fell $2.30 (-3.5%) to $64.19 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,309,337 shares of Target exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,196,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $63.49-$64.92 after having opened the day at $64.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.49. Other companies within the Retail industry that declined today were: Liquidity Service ( LQDT), down 18.7%, Stein Mart ( SMRT), down 8.2%, GameStop ( GME), down 6.9% and Dollar Tree Stores ( DLTR), down 4.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Target Ratings Report.
- Use our retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.