Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Akamai Technologies ( AKAM) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Akamai Technologies fell $0.77 (-1.7%) to $44.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,667,804 shares of Akamai Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,090,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.25-$45.04 after having opened the day at $45.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.22. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: Net Element International ( NETE), down 5.0%, Tucows ( TCX), down 4.3%, ChinaCache International Holdings ( CCIH), down 3.4% and Renren ( RENN), down 2.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Akamai Technologies Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.