Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose $0.65 (1.3%) to $49.28 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,100,428 shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,264,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.66-$49.62 after having opened the day at $48.90 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.63. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Build-A-Bear Workshop ( BBW), up 9.7%, Odyssey Marine Exploration ( OMEX), up 5.2%, Titan Machinery ( TITN), up 3.9% and Lithia Motors ( LAD), up 3.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.