Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Molycorp ( MCP) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Molycorp rose $0.08 (1.7%) to $4.69 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,739,546 shares of Molycorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,383,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $4.55-$4.72 after having opened the day at $4.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $4.61. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Augusta Resource Corporation ( AZC), up 90.5%, Silver Bull Resources ( SVBL), up 9.1%, Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited ADR rep ( YZC), up 9.1% and USEC ( USU), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Molycorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.