Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Walt Disney ( DIS) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Walt Disney rose $0.71 (1.0%) to $69.94 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,425,355 shares of Walt Disney exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,803,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $69.27-$70.00 after having opened the day at $69.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $69.23. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Dex Media ( DXM), up 34.4%, Point.360 ( PTSX), up 16.3%, E.W. Scripps Company ( SSP), up 8.8% and Media General ( MEG), up 6.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.