Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. GlaxoSmithKline ( GSK) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, GlaxoSmithKline rose $0.56 (1.1%) to $53.22 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,416,236 shares of GlaxoSmithKline exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,373,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $52.86-$53.22 after having opened the day at $52.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.66. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: CombiMatrix Corporation ( CBMX), up 36.3%, Cardiome Pharma Corporation ( CRME), up 19.7%, Hooper Holmes ( HH), up 15.2% and Fonar Corporation ( FONR), up 14.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full GlaxoSmithKline Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.