Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Merck ( MRK) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Merck rose $0.49 (1.0%) to $48.62 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,724,780 shares of Merck exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14,130,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $48.16-$48.70 after having opened the day at $48.22 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $48.13. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Cardiome Pharma Corporation ( CRME), up 19.7%, Bacterin International Holdings ( BONE), up 13.3%, Epizyme ( EPZM), up 12.7% and Neuralstem ( CUR), up 10.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Merck Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.