Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Newell Rubbermaid ( NWL) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.4%. By the end of trading, Newell Rubbermaid rose $0.49 (1.6%) to $30.14 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,944,539 shares of Newell Rubbermaid exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,961,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $29.74-$30.18 after having opened the day at $29.77 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.65. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Daktronics ( DAKT), up 9.5%, Bassett Furniture Industries ( BSET), up 7.8%, Spectrum Brands Holdings ( SPB), up 6.3% and American Woodmark Corporation ( AMWD), up 5.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Newell Rubbermaid Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.