Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. VMware ( VMW) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, VMware rose $2.57 (3.3%) to $80.99 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,537,341 shares of VMware exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,909,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $78.57-$81.17 after having opened the day at $78.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.42. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: CounterPath Corporation ( CPAH), up 15.8%, Bridgeline Digital ( BLIN), up 12.5%, BOS Better Online Solutions ( BOSC), up 10.3% and Textura ( TXTR), up 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full VMware Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.