Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Apple ( AAPL) pushed the Computer Hardware industry higher today making it today's featured computer hardware winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Apple rose $6.14 (1.2%) to $521.14 on light volume. Throughout the day, 9,257,057 shares of Apple exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12,458,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $513.67-$521.21 after having opened the day at $517.60 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $515.00. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that increased today were: OCZ Technology Group ( OCZ), up 14.3%, M/A-COM Technology Solutions Holdings ( MTSI), up 7.2%, Silicon Graphics International ( SGI), up 5.3% and Logitech International S.A ( LOGI), up 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Apple Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.