Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company rose $2.01 (1.8%) to $111.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,986,419 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,753,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $109.92-$112.01 after having opened the day at $110.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.90. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 8.7%, REX American Resources ( REX), up 6.6%, OCI Partners ( OCIP), up 5.5% and Rentech ( RTK), up 5.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.