Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Occidental Petroleum Corporation ( OXY) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.0%. By the end of trading, Occidental Petroleum Corporation rose $1.47 (1.5%) to $98.65 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,615,874 shares of Occidental Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,492,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $97.13-$98.72 after having opened the day at $97.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.18. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Augusta Resource Corporation ( AZC), up 90.5%, Global Eagle Entertainment ( ENT), up 15.0%, Silver Bull Resources ( SVBL), up 9.1% and Yanzhou Coal Mining Company Limited ADR rep ( YZC), up 9.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Occidental Petroleum Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.