Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Autodesk ( ADSK) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Autodesk as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ADSK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $128.9 million.
- ADSK is up 3.4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ADSK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ADSK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ADSK: Autodesk, Inc. operates as a design software and services company worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 21.8%. ADSK has a PE ratio of 44.0. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Autodesk a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Autodesk has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Autodesk has a market cap of $9.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.97 and a short float of 1.9% with 1.51 days to cover. Shares are up 19.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Autodesk as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ADSK's share price has jumped by 44.97%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.36, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that ADSK's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.41 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- AUTODESK INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AUTODESK INC reported lower earnings of $1.07 versus $1.22 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.60 versus $1.07).
- The gross profit margin for AUTODESK INC is currently very high, coming in at 93.63%. Regardless of ADSK's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ADSK's net profit margin of 10.98% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- ADSK, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 6.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.2%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Autodesk Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.