- Operating margin expanded 100 basis points to 14.5 percent.
- Increased online sales by 20 percent in the third quarter compared with last year, continuing to build upon the company’s online success and omni-channel strategies.
- The company continued to expand its Gap store base in mainland China, opening 18 additional stores in the third quarter, for a total of 73 stores.
- In line with its strategy to expand Old Navy internationally, the company ended the quarter with 14 Old Navy stores in Japan, on pace to open 15 to 20 stores for the year. The company also announced its intention to open its first franchise-operated Old Navy store in the Philippines in 2014.
- The company continued to grow its Franchise business during the quarter with the addition of four markets – Brazil, Costa Rica, Hungary and Peru – now totaling more than 350 stores in over 40 global markets.
- Gap Inc. opened 15 Athleta stores in the third quarter, for a total of 61 stores open to date, and the brand is on pace to end fiscal 2013 with about 65 stores.
- Gap Global: positive 1 percent versus positive 4 percent last year
- Banana Republic Global: negative 1 percent versus positive 5 percent last year
- Old Navy Global: flat versus positive 9 percent last year
|($ in millions) Quarter Ended November 2, 2013||Gap Global||Old Navy Global||Banana Republic Global||Other (2)||Total||Percentage of Net Sales|
|($ in millions) Quarter Ended October 27, 2012||Gap Global||Old Navy Global||Banana Republic Global||Other (2)||Total||Percentage of Net Sales|
|(1) U.S. includes the United States, Puerto Rico, and Guam.|
|(2) Includes Piperlime, Athleta, and fiscal year 2013 includes Intermix.|