PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) recently published its 2014 Global Color Trends book, a 100-page overview of PPG’s collective forecast for color use in building and decor, automobiles, consumer electronics and aerospace. The book, produced by the company’s global team of color experts, is accessible online at www.ppg.com/globalcolortrends, and a printed version can be ordered by contacting Dee Schlotter of PPG at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Global Color Trends book highlights PPG’s Pause & Refresh theme for 2014 and the company’s color of the year – a buttercream yellow. The book details color families trending across industries and geographic regions, and it showcases five color trend “stories” for 2014, which are:
- Hi-Breed emphasizes a new design harmony between man and nature with a palette consisting of neutrals, pastels and bright hues.
- Mosaic is based on the wealth of artisan and craft patterns, shapes and prints, as well as their strong colorations.
- New Spirit reflects earthy, primitive, raw colors as well as a new consciousness.
- Magnifigance combines the words magnificent and elegance, and the palette recaptures extravagant, dramatic styling and opulent, regal colors.
- Theorem is a precise and minimal palette that uses rich brown, purple and deep blue as accents for balanced neutrals.
PPG employs more than 20 color stylists around the world, each specializing in different markets, who collaborate to determine styles and color trends for building and decor, electronics and automobiles. PPG's unique position as a color leader in multiple markets enables it to observe and translate emerging global color trends for its customers' applications – from consumer goods to automotive color, from residential to commercial to industrial design.PPG: BRINGING INNOVATION TO THE SURFACE.(TM) PPG Industries' vision is to continue to be the world’s leading coatings and specialty products company. Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. Founded in 1883, PPG has global headquarters in Pittsburgh and operates in nearly 70 countries around the world. Sales in 2012 were $15.2 billion. PPG shares are traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol:PPG). For more information, visit www.ppg.com and follow @PPGIndustries on Twitter. Bringing innovation to the surface is a trademark of PPG Industries Ohio, Inc. The Voice of Color is a registered trademark of PPG Architectural Finishes, Inc. Glidden Professional is a registered trademark of the PPG group of companies. Dulux is a registered trademark of AkzoNobel and is licensed to PPG Architectural Coatings Canada, Inc., for use in Canada only.