- Hi-Breed emphasizes a new design harmony between man and nature with a palette consisting of neutrals, pastels and bright hues.
- Mosaic is based on the wealth of artisan and craft patterns, shapes and prints, as well as their strong colorations.
- New Spirit reflects earthy, primitive, raw colors as well as a new consciousness.
- Magnifigance combines the words magnificent and elegance, and the palette recaptures extravagant, dramatic styling and opulent, regal colors.
- Theorem is a precise and minimal palette that uses rich brown, purple and deep blue as accents for balanced neutrals.
PPG Industries (NYSE:PPG) recently published its 2014 Global Color Trends book, a 100-page overview of PPG’s collective forecast for color use in building and decor, automobiles, consumer electronics and aerospace. The book, produced by the company’s global team of color experts, is accessible online at www.ppg.com/globalcolortrends, and a printed version can be ordered by contacting Dee Schlotter of PPG at email@example.com. The Global Color Trends book highlights PPG’s Pause & Refresh theme for 2014 and the company’s color of the year – a buttercream yellow. The book details color families trending across industries and geographic regions, and it showcases five color trend “stories” for 2014, which are: