- flexibility to deliver telematics services; whether embedded, brought in phone, a hybrid of both, or now, with Sprint Velocity Connect devices
- elimination of multiple points of potential failure and reduction in the number of handoffs, while improving extensibility and scaling
- reduced cost, complexity and cycle times
Sprint Velocity Connect opens the way for automakers to explore innovative ways to serve their customers. Some potential applications for automotive manufacturers could include:
- Fleet Management: Vehicle manufacturers could help fleet operators easily adopt value-added services provided by the manufacturer at any time after the vehicles are purchased. This includes applications that track and monitor vehicle locations, improve dispatch and routing, evaluate driving behaviors, and more efficiently manage vehicle maintenance.
- Rental Car Features: Automakers might offer rental car companies the opportunity to learn more about the status of their cars, such as distance traveled and vehicle maintenance needs.
- Dealership Sales: Auto manufacturers could consider using Sprint Velocity Connect to add services for its dealership network, including new ways to differentiate previously owned vehicles with connected services.
#2 Global ranking and extended North American reachWith its expanded Sprint Velocity Connect capabilities, Sprint continues to change the conversation about mobile integration for automakers. Launched at the 2012 Los Angeles International Show, Sprint Velocity is already ranked 2nd among the top 10 telecom operators in the worldwide automotive market, according to a study by Informa Telecoms & Media. Sprint Velocity has further extended its North American presence through a new agreement with Rogers Communications Inc. to provide end-to-end connectivity in Canada. Auto manufacturers can be assured that Sprint Velocity features will be available to more than 20 million vehicles on the road throughout Canada. Rogers is Canada’s largest wireless network operator by number of subscribers. Sprint has been connecting customers around the globe for more than a decade. The company couples in-region staff with established partner network agreements to ensure that automakers have seamless connectivity, with a support system built on an intimate knowledge of local market dynamics. Combining telematics, consumer and data analysis expertise Sprint brings decades of experience in transportation applications and the management of subscription-based customer relationships. Operating as a separate business unit within Sprint, Sprint Velocity delivers value to automakers by combining telematics integration with the company’s intense level of expertise in wireless customer experience, Customer Relationship Management (CRM), and wireless applications on a global basis. Sprint Velocity also brings a wealth of expertise in data analysis. The Sprint Velocity team will collaborate with automakers to analyze usage trends and other connected services data, which can be used to make product improvements, reduce operation costs, and potentially increase revenue opportunities. “Our value proposition is built on connecting the dots between the complex elements involved in connected services and providing a complete, simplified set of solutions for auto manufacturers,” said Vos. “By understanding the mobile customer and how they use the technology, Sprint Velocity is developing and deploying big ideas that demonstrate what is possible with connected vehicles.”
Designed to be open and flexible, the Sprint Velocity platform offers various connectivity options, management of content partners for seamless integration, and back office support, such as billing and care. The solution is compatible with embedded in-dash, smartphone and hybrid embedded/smartphone implementations. Automakers can opt for comprehensive end-to-end solutions or modular a la carte solutions that are scalable as their needs evolve.Sprint Velocity received numerous awards in its first year of operation, including Pipeline magazine’s 2013 Innovation Award for Innovation in Connectivity, the 2013 Telematics Update Industry Newcomer of the Year Award, and M2M Evolution magazine’s 2012 Product of the Year. View Sprint Velocity video. About Sprint Sprint (NYSE:S) offers a comprehensive range of wireless and wireline communications services bringing the freedom of mobility to consumers, businesses and government users. Sprint served more than 54 million customers at the end of the third quarter of 2013 and is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. The American Customer Satisfaction Index rated Sprint as the most improved company in customer satisfaction, across all 47 industries, during the last five years. You can learn more and visit Sprint at www.sprint.com or www.facebook.com/sprint and www.twitter.com/sprint.