Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Cigna ( CI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cigna as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $129.8 million.
- CI has traded 917,751 shares today.
- CI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CI: Cigna Corporation, a health services organization, provides insurance and related products and services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.1%. CI has a PE ratio of 12.6. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Cigna a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Cigna has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cigna has a market cap of $23.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.69 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.66 days to cover. Shares are up 56.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cigna as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.53, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 67.29% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, CI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- CIGNA CORP has improved earnings per share by 21.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CIGNA CORP increased its bottom line by earning $5.61 versus $4.59 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.87 versus $5.61).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 359.37% to $830.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 315.12%.
- You can view the full Cigna Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.