- ALK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $44.0 million.
- ALK has traded 560,967 shares today.
- ALK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALK: Alaska Air Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides scheduled air transportation for passengers and cargo. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. ALK has a PE ratio of 11.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Alaska Air Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Alaska Air Group has been 601,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Alaska Air Group has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.05 and a short float of 2.3% with 2.86 days to cover. Shares are up 75.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Alaska Air Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 79.73% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 87.73% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ALK should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- ALASKA AIR GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ALASKA AIR GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.37 versus $3.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.22 versus $4.37).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Airlines industry average. The net income increased by 76.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $163.40 million to $289.00 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 15.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- You can view the full Alaska Air Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.