- URBN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.1 million.
- URBN is down 2.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in URBN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for URBN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on URBN: Urban Outfitters, Inc. engages in the retail and wholesale of general consumer products in the United States. It operates in two segments, Retail and Wholesale. The company operates retail stores under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Terrain, and BHLDN brands. URBN has a PE ratio of 22.2. Currently there are 17 analysts that rate Urban Outfitters a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Urban Outfitters has been 2.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Urban Outfitters has a market cap of $5.9 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 4.4% with 2.81 days to cover. Shares are up 1.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Urban Outfitters as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- URBAN OUTFITTERS INC has improved earnings per share by 21.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, URBAN OUTFITTERS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.61 versus $1.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.90 versus $1.61).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Specialty Retail industry average. The net income increased by 24.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $61.29 million to $76.36 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- URBN has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, URBN has a quick ratio of 2.06, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- 43.60% is the gross profit margin for URBAN OUTFITTERS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.06% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Urban Outfitters Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.