- YELP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $252.9 million.
- YELP has traded 425,908 shares today.
- YELP is down 3% today.
- YELP was up 5.2% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in YELP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for YELP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on YELP: Yelp, Inc. operates Yelp.com, an online urban city guide that helps people find places to eat, shop, drink, relax, and play based on the informed opinions of a community of locals in the know. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Yelp a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Yelp has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yelp has a market cap of $3.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 275.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Yelp as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in its earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has decreased by 15.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$2.01 million to -$2.32 million.
- YELP INC's earnings per share declined by 33.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, YELP INC reported poor results of -$0.30 versus -$0.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.14 versus -$0.30).
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, YELP INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for YELP INC is currently very high, coming in at 93.01%. Regardless of YELP's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, YELP's net profit margin of -3.79% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 882.30% to $6.99 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, YELP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 23.77%.
- You can view the full Yelp Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.