Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Fiesta Restaurant Group ( FRGI) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Fiesta Restaurant Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FRGI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.9 million.
- FRGI has traded 502,443 shares today.
- FRGI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FRGI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FRGI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FRGI: Fiesta Restaurant Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, owns, operates, and franchises fast-casual restaurants in the United States. It operates its fast-casual restaurants under the Pollo Tropical and Taco Cabana brand names. FRGI has a PE ratio of 58.8. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Fiesta Restaurant Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Fiesta Restaurant Group has been 228,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Fiesta Restaurant Group has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. Shares are up 180.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fiesta Restaurant Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.8%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FIESTA RESTAURANT GROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 31.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, FIESTA RESTAURANT GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.36 versus $0.09 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.77 versus $0.36).
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 31.25% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 213.04% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The gross profit margin for FIESTA RESTAURANT GROUP INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.61%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 3.58% significantly trails the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 7.30 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- You can view the full Fiesta Restaurant Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.