- EXP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $47.3 million.
- EXP has traded 418,085 shares today.
- EXP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EXP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EXP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EXP: Eagle Materials Inc. manufactures and distributes building products used in residential, industrial, commercial, and infrastructure construction in the United States. The company operates in four segments: Cement, Gypsum Wallboard, Recycled Paperboard, and Concrete and Aggregates. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. EXP has a PE ratio of 40.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Eagle Materials a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Eagle Materials has been 628,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Eagle has a market cap of $3.8 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and materials & construction industry. The stock has a beta of 2.05 and a short float of 3.9% with 3.34 days to cover. Shares are up 31.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Eagle Materials as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EXP's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 9.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 42.40% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- EAGLE MATERIALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EAGLE MATERIALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.24 versus $0.43 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.77 versus $1.24).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Construction Materials industry. The net income increased by 122.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $17.95 million to $39.90 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Construction Materials industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, EAGLE MATERIALS INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Eagle Materials Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.