Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified E-House China Holdings ( EJ) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified E-House China Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- EJ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.5 million.
- EJ has traded 7.6 million shares today.
- EJ is down 3.5% today.
- EJ was up 10.8% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EJ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EJ NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EJ: E-House (China) Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates as a real estate services company in China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate E-House China Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for E-House China Holdings has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. E-House China has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 131% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates E-House China Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 43.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- EJ has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, EJ has a quick ratio of 2.10, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for E-HOUSE CHINA HOLDINGS -ADR is rather high; currently it is at 57.32%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 3.91% trails the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Real Estate Management & Development industry and the overall market, E-HOUSE CHINA HOLDINGS -ADR's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full E-House China Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.