The ACE Group today announced it will release the results of an industry-wide survey on construction safety conducted by Advisen and sponsored by ACE during the annual IRMI Construction Risk Conference to be held in San Diego, CA on November 18, 2013. The purpose of the survey was to define the current state of construction safety and to provide a benchmark for organizations looking to improve their safety culture and programs. The survey was distributed to more than 2,200 risk managers and brokers who focus on the construction industry. Key findings include:
- A large majority of contractors are committed to safeguarding their workers, however, there is a substantial opportunity for improvement. Currently, one in six risk managers revealed they do not develop project-specific safety programs.
- Survey respondents indicated that the upfront cost of safety can be overwhelming for both small and large enterprises.
ACE’s Construction Industry Practice consists of business units that offer a broad suite of products and services including:
- Workers Compensation, General Liability & Automobile Liability Risk Transfer
- Environmental, including Contractors Pollution Liability & Contractors Professional Liability
- Inland Marine, including Builders Risk & Contractors Equipment
- International Casualty Enterprise & Package Solutions, including Defense Base Act Workers Compensation
- Wrap Ups & other project-specific programs
- Specialty Construction Claims
- Construction Risk Management Services
- Professional Liability for architects and engineers, construction managers and trade contractors
- Public and Private company D&O, EPLI, Fidelity and Fiduciary Liability