- WPX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $65.5 million.
- WPX is up 6% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WPX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WPX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WPX: WPX Energy, Inc., an independent natural gas and oil exploration and production company, engages in the exploitation and development of unconventional properties. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate WPX Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for WPX Energy has been 2.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. WPX Energy has a market cap of $3.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 25.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates WPX Energy as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.08% to $231.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WPX ENERGY INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.04%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- WPX ENERGY INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has reported a trend of declining earnings per share over the past year. However, the consensus estimate suggests that this trend should reverse in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, WPX ENERGY INC reported poor results of -$1.24 versus -$0.84 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.82 versus -$1.24).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 78.1% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$64.00 million to -$114.00 million.
- You can view the full WPX Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.