Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Kimberly-Clark Corporation ( KMB) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Kimberly-Clark Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $147.4 million.
- KMB is up 4% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on KMB: Kimberly-Clark Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets personal care, consumer tissue, and health care products worldwide. The company operates in four segments: Personal Care, Consumer Tissue, K-C Professional, and Health Care. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. KMB has a PE ratio of 22.4. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Kimberly-Clark Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. The average volume for Kimberly-Clark Corporation has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kimberly-Clark has a market cap of $41.2 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.12 and a short float of 2.5% with 7.28 days to cover. Shares are up 28.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Kimberly-Clark Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, this stock has enjoyed a nice rise of 29.83% which was in line with the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, KMB should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP has improved earnings per share by 9.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP increased its bottom line by earning $4.42 versus $3.99 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.72 versus $4.42).
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 1.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $912.00 million or 8.05% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -22.63%.
- 38.37% is the gross profit margin for KIMBERLY-CLARK CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.37% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Kimberly-Clark Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.