- A has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $98.6 million.
- A is down 3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in A with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for A NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on A: Agilent Technologies, Inc. provides bio-analytical and electronic measurement solutions and services to the life sciences, chemical analysis, diagnostics and genomics, communications, and electronics industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. A has a PE ratio of 19.1. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Agilent Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Agilent Technologies has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Agilent has a market cap of $17.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.65 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.31 days to cover. Shares are up 25.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Agilent Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, A's share price has jumped by 33.18%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, A should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.75%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.16% trails the industry average.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.56, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Despite the fact that A's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.07 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- A, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 6.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Agilent Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.