- APA has 11x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 1.80 mentions/day.
- APA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $253.8 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in APA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for APA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on APA: Apache Corporation, an independent energy company, explores for, develops, and produces natural gas, crude oil, and natural gas liquids. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. APA has a PE ratio of 13.4. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Apache Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for Apache Corporation has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Apache has a market cap of $35.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.80 and a short float of 1.9% with 2.78 days to cover. Shares are up 14.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Apache Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 70.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $180.00 million to $306.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,978.00 million or 21.87% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -20.04%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Apache Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.