Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified TJX Companies ( TJX) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified TJX Companies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TJX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $184.2 million.
- TJX has traded 2.9 million shares today.
- TJX is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TJX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TJX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TJX: The TJX Companies, Inc. operates as an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer in the United States and internationally. The company operates in four segments: Marmaxx, HomeGoods, TJX Canada, and TJX Europe. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.9%. TJX has a PE ratio of 22.7. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate TJX Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for TJX Companies has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. TJX Companies has a market cap of $44.1 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.42 and a short float of 1.1% with 2.30 days to cover. Shares are up 45.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates TJX Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 47.75% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- TJX COMPANIES INC has improved earnings per share by 17.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TJX COMPANIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.55 versus $1.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.85 versus $2.55).
- TJX's revenue growth trails the industry average of 20.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, TJX COMPANIES INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.33, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TJX's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.67, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- You can view the full TJX Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.