Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Pentair ( PNR) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Pentair as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PNR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.2 million.
- PNR has traded 714,267 shares today.
- PNR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PNR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PNR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PNR: Pentair Ltd. delivers products, services, and solutions for water and other fluids, thermal management, and equipment protection in the United States, Europe, Asia, and other regions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Pentair a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Pentair has been 875,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Pentair has a market cap of $13.5 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. Shares are up 38.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Pentair as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PNR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 110.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.42, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.00, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 38.74% is the gross profit margin for PENTAIR LTD which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 9.46% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 202.39% to $243.70 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PENTAIR LTD has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 81.03%.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 419.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $33.25 million to $172.80 million.
- You can view the full Pentair Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.