- MEOH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $50.3 million.
- MEOH has traded 834,857 shares today.
- MEOH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MEOH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MEOH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MEOH: Methanex Corporation produces, supplies, and sells methanol to petrochemical producers and distributors. The company also purchases and re-sells methanol produced by others. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. MEOH has a PE ratio of 101.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Methanex Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Methanex Corporation has been 488,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Methanex has a market cap of $5.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are up 90.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Methanex Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income increased by 3488.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$2.57 million to $87.11 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $180.61 million or 37.60% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -6.78%.
- MEOH's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.79 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that MEOH's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.92 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 3100.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 93.26% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Methanex Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.