NEW YORK, Nov. 13, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Tonix Pharmaceuticals Holding Corp. (Nasdaq:TNXP) today announced its financial results for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. "The third quarter was eventful for Tonix, as we began the first anticipated pivotal trial of our lead therapeutic candidate, TNX-102 SL, for the treatment of fibromyalgia," said Seth Lederman, M.D., president and CEO of Tonix. "During the quarter we also completed a successful fundraising, listed our stock on the NASDAQ, and achieved several other important milestones. We anticipate building on this momentum through year-end and embarking on what we expect to be an exciting and value-driving 2014." Highlights of the quarter include:
- Initiation of the BESTFIT trial of TNX-102 SL in fibromyalgia. This double-blind trial is expected to enroll approximately 120 patients diagnosed with primary fibromyalgia who will be randomized (1:1) to receive either a TNX-102 SL 2.8 mg tablet or a placebo tablet, taken sublingually at bedtime, daily for 12 weeks. The trial is being conducted at approximately 13 U.S. sites. The primary endpoint of the trial is change in pain intensity at week 12 from baseline, as evaluated by scoring on the 11-point Numeric Rating Scale. Safety and tolerability of TNX-102 SL will also be evaluated;
- Completion of an $11.4 million underwritten equity financing, which included significant institutional participation;
- Uplisting of TNXP common stock to The NASDAQ Capital Market;
- Participation in several financial and professional conferences, including the Women's Healthcare Innovation and Leadership Showcase, the First Global Life Sciences Conference in Warsaw, Poland, the International Pain Society's 9th World Congress on Myofascial Pain Syndrome and Fibromyalgia Syndrome, and the 15th Annual Rodman and Renshaw Healthcare conference;
- Establishment of a corporate partnership with the American Chronic Pain Association; and
- Addition of Jessica Edgar as Vice President of Finance and Investor Relations.