- JWN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.9 million.
- JWN has traded 2.6 million shares today.
- JWN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in JWN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for JWN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on JWN: Nordstrom, Inc., a fashion specialty retailer, offers apparel, shoes, cosmetics, and accessories for women, men, and children in the United States. It operates in two segments, Retail and Credit. The Retail segment offers a selection of brand name and private label merchandise. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. JWN has a PE ratio of 16.2. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate Nordstrom a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Nordstrom has been 1.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Nordstrom has a market cap of $11.9 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.88 and a short float of 4.9% with 5.27 days to cover. Shares are up 14.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Nordstrom as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth, increase in net income and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- JWN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- NORDSTROM INC has improved earnings per share by 24.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, NORDSTROM INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.56 versus $3.15 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.68 versus $3.56).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Multiline Retail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 17.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $156.00 million to $184.00 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Multiline Retail industry and the overall market, NORDSTROM INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 81.22% to $386.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NORDSTROM INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.24%.
- You can view the full Nordstrom Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.