- ASML has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $91.7 million.
- ASML traded 178,430 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:35 AM, representing 16.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ASML with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ASML NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ASML: ASML Holding NV engages in designing, manufacturing, marketing, and servicing semiconductor processing equipment used in the fabrication of integrated circuits or chips worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate ASML a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for ASML has been 925,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. ASML has a market cap of $38.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 35.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ASML as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 9.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 16.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- ASML's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.37, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- 45.34% is the gross profit margin for ASML HOLDING NV which we consider to be strong. Regardless of ASML's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 14.68% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. The stock's price rise over the last year has driven it to a level which is somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ASML HOLDING NV has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full ASML Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.