Rayovac, a worldwide leader in battery power and innovation and a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: SPB), announced today that two of its products, the Rayovac Emergency 2 Hour Power mobile charger and the Rayovac 15-Minute Battery Charger, have been named International CES Innovations 2014 Design and Engineering Award Honorees. Products entered in this prestigious program are judged by a preeminent panel of independent industrial designers, independent engineers and members of the trade media to honor outstanding design and engineering in cutting-edge consumer electronics products across 29 product categories.
The Innovations Design and Engineering Awards are sponsored by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) ®, the producer of the International CES, the global gathering place for all who thrive on the business of consumer technology, and have been recognizing achievements in product design and engineering since 1976.The Rayovac Emergency 2 Hour Power mobile charger and the Rayovac 15-Minute Battery Charger will be displayed in The Venetian at the 2014 International CES, which runs January 7-10, 2014 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Honorees will also be displayed at CES Unveiled: The Official Media Event of the International CES from 4-7 p.m. on Sunday, January 5 in South Seas Ballroom C at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. The Innovations entries are judged based on the following criteria:
- Engineering qualities, based on technical specs and materials used
- Aesthetic and design qualities, using photos provided
- The product’s intended use/function and user value
- Why the product deserves the Innovations award, including specifics regarding its unique/novel features and features that consumers would find attractive
- How the design and innovation of this product directly compare to other products in the market place